Hi everyone!
What an AWESOME camp weekend we had!! The evaluations were extremely positive and I know that I had an amazing time. Thank you so much to everyone for planning this into your summer schedule so we could kick the year off in style!
A number of you listed the session on IPA (the International Phonetic Alphabet) as one of your favourites. Don't worry if you missed it or felt you didn't grasp it all - we're going to be doing lots of it this year! For those of you who would like to continue to practice and expand your repertoire of IPA knowledge, I thought I'd pass on this really amazing website:
http://www.yorku.ca/earmstro/ipa/
On it you will find charts that you can click. When you click a chart, it becomes bigger and each letter is then clickable so you can hear what the symbols sound like! It's very, very useful! You'll discover that we've only scratched the surface with our vowels and consonants!!
Only one more week to go until we start the year off in earnest! I can't wait!
Clickable IPA charts?!?!? I'm in heaven :-)
ReplyDelete