Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 15th, Online Xara Season Launch!!!

Hey Ladies,

 A little more information for you regarding this Saturdays season launch. While Christina, Claire and I take care of Xara's facebook page, and twitter, I am looking for everyone else to make some mark online with your own thoughts, or by reposting our posts.

Our clear angle here is working the 5th season. So post 5 things, tweet 5 times, get 5 friends involved, send 5 emails....you get the point. Of course more then 5 and multiples of 5 are welcome but I ask for a min of 5 :)

Also ALWAYS give the link to our concert page with anything you put out online. I have provided the links at the bottom of this post.

Suggestions of some things to do...


  • What do you love about Xara?
  • Something you've been taught through your experience at Xara (Life, music or otherwise)
  • Your favorite concert past, present or the concert you are most excited for this season.
    • I would suggest, if you still have the poster, to post that with this one. Obviously with the future concerts you can't do that but you can post the link to the new season!


  • Your favorite song we've sung/are singing.
    • Again, if you have the song post that with it and even better if we have sung it check to see if its on the youtube page!
  • Post your favourite picture of Xara.
  • Get your friends to post about what their favourite concert was.
    • Maybe even go further and have them post about their first experience going to a xara concert.
  • Write a note on Facebook about all of these things.
  • How you first came to Xara, the process from audition to first rehearsal to end of year.
  • Favourite recipe learned from Xara.
    • make sure to not just make this about the recipe but more about how social bonding and food are an integral part of who we are.
  • Take pictures of yourself in your Xara t-shirt around Hfx.
    • If you are willing ask other people to wear the shirt 
    • take pictures of places that remind you of Xara
Of course these are just suggestions and you have free reign on creativity for this. The only thing I ask is that you give it some thought. The most effective way for this to be successful is quantity AND quality. We plan on bombarding our social media pages with stuff about Xara but we want it to be fun, interesting and inviting. If we just post "I love Xara" x 1093581634058173460843712 it will most like just annoy people.

Later this week I will be posting the fundraising stuff from this weekend. It will include all of your wonderful thoughts about how to talk about Xara and I hope that will be helpful. 

I am really excited to see what happens with this campaign. It is something we are trying out for the first time so who knows but we have to give it our all! Remember, the # of people who are friends of the people who like our page is upwards of 200, 000 people!!

http://xara.ca/content/concerts
http://www.youtube.com/user/CamerataXara
https://twitter.com/CamerataXara
http://www.facebook.com/XaraChoralTheatre




No comments:

Post a Comment