Thursday, January 15, 2015

Notes for Sun Jan 18!

Hi everyone!

Thank you for a beautiful, supportive, open-hearted rehearsal last week. I have been continually moved as I reflected on it this week. We are so lucky to be making art together in this incredible community. Thank you especially to Leah for her brilliant debut as rehearsal accompanist, and to Erin for helping all the start-of-show business get taken care of like a rockstar.

I'm so happy to report that Christina will be back with us on Sunday! We've scheduled the rehearsal with several shorter chunks of time for music, broken up by movement and other activities. This should allow Christina to lead for awhile and then take some time to sit down and rest. Let's all be super kind to her this weekend as she eases back into the flow of rehearsals :)

Not too much to report for this weekend's rehearsal:

  • Full company 1:15-5:30 pm
  • Soprano 2s are on snack!!!!
  • Please again wear comfy clothing/shoes that you can move in (this is basically the new standard for every rehearsal for this show)
  • Take a look over your music we worked on last week and use the Soundcloud recordings to help you familiarize yourself.
  • I've added Nukapianguaq to the Soundcloud. Remember that we are only including certain sections of this piece. Christina will fill us in on Sunday.
  • Remember that all scheduled absences this term must be communicated to myself, Christina, and Erin by this Sunday Jan 18th.

No comments:

Post a Comment