We are making solid progress on things and it was really excellent to do a run of the first half of our Xara-only section of the show. I was really pleased with it for a first run!
Starting this week (although only briefly), we will be looking at new music for the other shorter sections of Rise. In the coming weeks, we are going to be making rapid progress toward polished performances and I need to ask you all to move heaven and earth to be present at each rehearsal. There are a very limited number of previously scheduled absences and I would really like it to stay that way. Winter is tough and we have had a lot of illness but it is incredibly difficult to solidify aspects of our blocking and the fine details of the music when not all bodies and voices are present. We've been averaging 4-5 people missing per rehearsal that makes things challenging. Even if you are sick please come if you can possibly pull yourself out of bed so you can at least watch and possibly stand in place when we are determining critical blocking and formations.
I also want to ask that we up our game with our focus during rehearsals. I have enjoyed watching new friendships form between singers and the warm interaction with our YMP participants but I'm going to be more strict about staying quiet and focused through our rehearsal in the coming weeks so we can be as productive as possible. I want you to be unendingly proud of and confident in your performance when we finally take to the stage. The way to ensure that is to put our best in at rehearsals.
Homework:
1. Memorize Wanting Memories
2. Memorize Winter Sun
3. Watch the partial run from last Sunday and make notes
4. Perfect your memorization on everything that's already been memorized.
Script for Scenes 4 and 5:
There will be some changes to the script for the last two scenes. I will be posting these on the facebook group later this week but I will also print out new pages for you to use at rehearsal.
Hayley's Recordings:
Hayley has altered the pitch of the pieces that we are not doing in the original key so you will have something to practice with that is correct. Thank you Hayley!! They can be found here:
Rehearsal Schedule:
1:15
|
Text workshop with Jennette
|
2:15
|
Warm ups
|
2:35
|
Memory check - Wanting Mem
|
2:45
|
Block Wanting Memories
|
3:30
|
Break
|
3:45
|
Memory check - Winter Sun
|
4:00
|
Block Winter Sun
|
5:00
|
New Music
|
No comments:
Post a Comment