Hi everyone,
Thanks so much for your great work on Sunday - our "secret" performance on Friday is going to be great, the CD rep is coming along very well, and Mike said the 360 degree recording was fantastic!!
Secret Performance
For those of you taking part in our secret performance/flash mob on Friday evening, here are the details:
The performance will be in English and French, but likely the section where he is giving instructions to the audience will be in English.
It's general seating in the theatre, so we are all going to have to arrive a little early in order to claim our block of 13 seats (they are trying not to give anything away by having reserved signs etc). Christina and I will have tickets to distribute to you.
Location: Dunn Theatre, Dalhousie Arts Centre (same building as the Rebecca Cohn auditorium); go to the entrance on the 4th floor (slightly misleading numbering - it's actually just one flight of stairs up from the main floor entrance). We will meet in the lobby on the 4th floor outside the theatre doors.
Time: Please arrive no later than 7:30 pm
Reminder that this week's rehearsal is on Monday, October 13th from 5:30-9:00 pm at St. Matthew's (our regular location). Thank you Alto 1s for a glorious snack on Sunday...Alto 2s, you're up!!!! (Let the snack competition begin!)
Christina's Musical Notes / Homework / Solo Auditions
Well, y'all, we've got FIVE rehearsals left until we record this thing. And, on Sunday, Oct 19 we will be singing all of the rep at our recording venue in front of Jeff Reilly and Rod Sneddon (our producer and engineer). Don't worry - they know that we've still got a month to go but, nevertheless, we want to impress them! As I said on Sunday, I want ALL NOTES, RHYTHMS, WORDS, DYNAMICS correct and dependable by OCTOBER 19.
With that in mind, there are some big changes I need to announce:
1. I am cutting Satakieli and Ice from the CD rep list. Not kidding.
2. I am adding a piece called Tabula Rasa. You can hear an SATB version of it here. I will have scores on Thanksgiving Monday and we will work it until it's good that day. It's not hard but you need to listen to it at least a few times before Monday. That will make the learning process faster.
3. Remember that your work between rehearsals will be what makes this CD a success. You need to treat the next six weeks as the lead up to a show. You may not need to memorize things, but you need to work at a level of detail you may never have worked at before. It's really important that the things I say about vocal colour, tone, intonation, and other nuances be the things you practice at home. Those are the things that will make this CD good. Just having notes and rhythms correct plus general "expression" is not enough. Think of all of those nuances as the "choreography" for the CD. They are what will set apart our work from a mediocre recording. I can't stress enough how important this is. I also can't stress enough that you need to be practicing a few times a week at home.
Here is the schedule for Monday's rehearsal:
5:30-6:15 Alto 2 sectional
6:15-8:30 Full rehearsal
8:30-9:00 Solo Auditions
I will post details about auditions on the Facebook group.
Reminders
Reminder of Pacifico Night on Friday October 17th - sell your tickets and Tenille will have additional tickets if you need them on Monday!
Reminder to start spreading the word about the ScotianAires concert on November 7th and start to sell your tickets!
No comments:
Post a Comment