Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Prep for Jan 21 Rehearsal

I want to start off by saying thank you to each of you for your enthusiasm and hard work these first couple of weeks. We're making excellent progress on some difficult music and the kind of commitment you've already shown is exactly what is needed to ensure that we have a really outstanding show in April.

HOMEWORK
As I said on Sunday, my strong suggestion is that you memorize the first half of Womanly Song of God this week so you don't have 24 pages of music to memorize next week. It's a long song with a lot of sections so it is absolutely not a song you can memorize in one or two practice sessions. A bit of time each day is the best strategy.

Second, I'd like you to work through your score of Kuka Nukkuu Tuutussasi with this pronunciation guide and make notes so that we don't need to do a word by word session at our next rehearsal. I will certainly help you refine things (like the nuances of vowel shapes, etc) but please have the basics learned so we can sing the whole piece with text right from the start next Sunday. (Morgan and Camilla, I will email you the PDF of the score so you can work on it this week too.)

REHEARSAL PLAN
Please note - Only Youth Mentorship Program participants need to be at rehearsal from 1:15-1:55. The full Ensemble rehearsal will begin at 2:00 PM.

Soprano 2s are on Snack!


1:15
YMP Check-in (YMP participants only)
1:25
YMP Session: Using your body for singing
1:55
Transition time
2:00
Full Ensemble - Warm ups
2:20
Music Rehearsal:
- WSOG
- Rise Up
3:30
Break + Announcements
3:50
Music Rehearsal:
- When the Earth // Wanting Memories
- KNT
- Winter Sun
5:30
Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment