Wednesday, March 5, 2014

This Weekend + Solo Audition Results

Hi everyone!

Thanks for a great rehearsal on Sunday in preparation for all the awesome things we have on the go! Lots of notes here for this weekend coming so heads up!

LiveArt
Update: LiveArt soundcheck will be from 5:30-6:00 pm on Saturday. We'll head to Halifax Grammar School after our TEDxNS soundcheck.

I need to know who would like to take advantage of the $15 tickets for the event (maximum two per person). Please contact me (Claire) directly to let me know and your name will be put on a list at the door.

TEDxNS
Reminder of soundcheck on Saturday March 8th. Please be there at 4:10 pm. Call time on Sunday March 9th is 12:30 pm (all this information is available on both the Google Calendar and on the shared Google Doc "Xara List of Important Dates")

For the performance this weekend, we need a few of you to be kind and lend your XCT t-shirt to an XYE girl for the performance (make sure you wash it first!). I need two smalls and two mediums. Please contact me directly if you can help us out!

Sunday's Rehearsal
We will be rehearsing at St. Matthew's on Sunday from 3:30-5:30 pm. For this Sunday you need to have V'la l'bon vent memorized. Reminder from Christina that by this Sunday we won't be doing any more "note-bashing" - you need to be coming to rehearsal with overall confidence in your part for every song. We've now rehearsed every section of every piece, so it's up to you to make it solid. Christina will be auditioning for Uraren besotik within the context of rehearsal this Sunday afternoon so if you are interested, please come with it prepared.

Character Profiles
You should also be working on your character profile sheet. I'd like you to have them finished for Sunday March 16. I've been updating the Google Doc with info about WWI for you to use as a resource: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_tnHXuciBqqZCykzKVxQ8XB_MrzOZ2sFdlOCKEE6TPs/edit?usp=sharing

Toss a Tunee
Every year the NSCF does a fundraiser for the singers who will represent Nova Scotia in the National Youth Choir (who perform at Podium!). They ask all their member choirs to pass the hat in rehearsal and for choir members to donate a loonie or a toonie if they are able. We'll be passing the hat at rehearsal on Sunday if you are able to donate!

I lie & Heaven Will Rise Auditions
Thank you to everyone who auditioned this past weekend for I lie and Heaven Will Rise!! We are lucky to have so many amazing singers to choose from.

I lie - Kallie
Heaven Will Rise - Shannon (I) & Zoe (II)

No comments:

Post a Comment